Welp, it’s the part of the year here where mother nature is a huge tease, and warm nights turn into snowy mornings. So, here’s a glimpse into sunny San Diego, where I took a tasty tour a few months back…gold fleck topped chocolate (hwoah), scrumptious little cuppy-cakes, gelato so divine it made my taste-buds hurt. I’ve broken it down by neighborhood:
Hillcrest: awesome, eclectic neighborhood (gayborhood) with vintage boutiques and thrift stores! The Buffalo Exchange here is A-maze.
- Breakfast at Hash House is a must!– huge portions (like obnoxiously large) and amaaazing food. Also, a long line if you don’t get there early.
- Babycakes for a sugary pick-me-up.
Downtown Waterfront: a beautiful, peaceful area with a waterfront path past boats, shops, restaurants, and a few green spaces for sunbathing.
- There are a few spots along here that serve a yummy breakfast- Hilton being one of them.
La Jolla: Beautiful seaside town with shops, nice beaches, and seal watching!
- Didn’t do much eating/drinking, but Puesto is good for quick bite (like chipotle).
- Orr pack a picnic because there is a huge green park area by the water.
- George’s looks like a beautiful spot to try as well
Gaslamp Quarter: the historic part of San Diego, with nightlife, shops, restaurants..
- Meze— a Mediterranean spot with the most magnificent hummus in the world and nice outdoor seating
- Bang Bang— deeelish food but best known for their gorgeous Ryan Gossling wallpapered bathroom!
- Heavenly Cupcake— Beautiful treats to fill that sweet spot.
- Seersucker— yummy drinks and nice vibe
- Chopahn: Afgan food. Order the CHALLAW KADU! ..Sautéed pumpkin topped with yogurt mmm.
Little Italy: charming little area- perf for spotting adorableee little old Italian men over a yummay latte.
- Extraordinary Desserts (one of the locations)– luxurious, decadent treats, with edible gold flecks glistening atop rich chocolate..because your desserts taste better when they sparkle, duh!
- Pappalecco— wonderfullll gelato and lattes! Hopefully you will see the adorable Italian men playing cards out front too!
Coronado Island: Across the bay from downtown San Diego..beautiful resort town with gorgeous beaches
- Hotel Coronado— beautiful, historic (built in 1888) beachfront hotel. I grabbed a veggie burger (surprised to find quick, yummy food here) overlooking the beach.