Cinnamon baked apples stuffed with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with caramel: An easy and healthified treat (also great after a fall apple picking adventure!).
Simple Directions: Cut off just the very tops of the apples, scoop out the inside so ice cream can fit, sprinkle with cinnamon (some recipes suggest sprinkling sugar as well, but no need..too sweet!), bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 400, let cool and stuff with ice cream and caramel!
- Low fat vanilla frozen yogurt is great in place of fatty ice cream.
- Use extra large apples if you can find them.
- Let the apples cool before stuffing with ice cream if you don’t want soup!
- Some recipes call for sugar and cinnamon, but the sugar is overkill, it’s already sweet enough.
- Keep drizzling the apple “bowl” with caramel as you eat!