These are great for a fancy-shmancy breakfast, or for a fun twist on dinner, for those of you that love breakfast at any given hour (so..everyone, right?!).
Recipe found here, on aSpicyPerspective.com.
IngrediAntes (as tweaked to my vegetarian ways/ingredients at hand):
- 4 poblano peppers (I chose the largest ones on the shelf)
- 1 cup frozen hash browns
- 8 eggs
- 1 box of MorningStar Farms vegetarian sausage patties
- 1 small can of red and green pepper slices, or 1 fresh green or red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 bag of shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place 4 poblano peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Brown the hash browns in a skillet with olive oil (5-8 min.)
- Heat the frozen vegetarian patties on the skillet until thawed and cooked for a bit of crisp
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and add the chopped peppers, chopped onion, salt and pepper, veggie patties (after breaking them apart into smaller pieces), and most of the cheese, leaving some to sprinkle over top of the 4 peppers
- Pour this mixture over the hash browns in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it is scoopable.
- Cut a slit lengthwise in each of the peppers and remove the seeds
- Spoon the egg mixture into the poblano peppers and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place peppers back in the oven for 5-8 minutes.