Here is a healthy quinoa mediterranean bowl (aka full, satisfying meal) that is super easy to make and just as tasty the next day.
*Also goes great with bread, mozzarella and tomato slices drizzled in an olive oil & vinegar dressing. And red wine, of course!
Variations on this quinoa bowl (or “salad”) make for great go-to dishes…see my Mexican and Asian versions. For this mediterranean version, I worked off of this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion (only use half)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese (light version)
- 2 tbsp olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1 fresh lemon (only use half)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa in a rice cooker, fluff and set aside to cool
- Peel and dice the cucumber
- Chop up half of the onion
- quarter or halve the cherry tomatoes
- Pit and slice the olives, if not pre-pitted and sliced
- Toss all of the veggies in with the quinoa
- Squeeze juice from half of the lemon over the quinoa mix
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of the olive juice into the mixture
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the mixture
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add the crumbled feta and mix it all together
- Serve chilled