Outdoor movies and yoga by the Potomac have ended, and kayaking is near impossible to make it to before the Key Bridge boathouse closes…guess summer is over. But that is NO reason to fret! New events are always popping up, and each season has its pros.
Here are a few noteworthy upcoming events in Georgetown (and see below for SundayFunday suggestions!):
- Taste of Georgetown– This Sat Oct 3, 11-4:00
- American Field Pop Up Shop– “Shop Georgetown Park October 17 and 18 and meet the people behind America’s most popular Made in America brands”
- FAD (Fashion Art Design)- “Georgetown’s most stylish event of the year”; October 25th noon – 9:00 (or maybe that was last year! It could be on the 24th this year?? May want to keep checking their FB page for an update…)
More Gtown suggestions– A SundayFunday idea:
- Wake up with a latte (art) at The Bean Counter
- Wander through the beautiful Dumbarton Oaks Gardens (11:30Am – 5:30PM Sun)
- Swoon over finds at the Flea Market (Glover Park area) – open year round, Sundays 8-4:00.
- Grab brunch or lunch at the National Cathedral, at Open City, after a bit of a walk to work up an appetite
- Explore the National Cathedral (peak out of the windows at the top)
Also see this post (Chocolate Tour) for suggestions on organizing your own chocolate/dessert tour in Georgetown.
And THIS POST (Georgetown Macaron Nooks)
Side note: VegFest is this weekend(!), at Yards Park 11:00-6:00
Some of my Georgetown photos..love my back yard! (from my instagram @juju_pants):
The canal through the seasons…walking on it last winter!