Winter comfort food at its finest! I made this healthified mac n cheese as spicy as possible, loading it up with jalapenos, hatch chiles and cayenne pepper. I opted for fat free milk, light cream cheese, and fat free cream of celery soup to keep it as low cal as possible, while still tasting nomz.
Found this recipe here, on RestlessChipotle.com, and tweaked it a bit..
- 2 and 1/2 cups pasta shells (white or whole wheat)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light version)
- 1 can of cream of celery soup (fat free)
- 1 can of pickled jalapenos (dump all the juice in as well)
- 1 onion
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 hatch chili
- Garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese – optional, for sprinkling on top