A Few of My Favorite D.C. and Arlington Spots
July 9, 2021
In no particular order…
- Dumbarton Oaks Gardens: located in Georgetown, and too magical for words. (Must purchase a ticket)
- The View of D.C.: located in Rosslyn and open to Arlington residents and their guests (for free!)
- Tudor Place Home & Gardens: located in Georgetown- free entry (but must reserve a time)
- Washington National Cathedral: the gardens/grounds are a pretty place for a picnic, and the inside is breathtaking
- Gravely Point Park: this is the spot where the planes fly right over head (before landing at Reagan)
- Theodore Roosevelt Island: this is such a hidden gem!
- Meridian Hill Park: photoshoot on the steps or picnic in the park
- Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens: ugh obsessed with the French Parterre gardens!
- Mansion on O Street: Explore the mansion and discover the secret doors
- Heurich House & Museum (“Brewmaster’s Castle”): the building itself is stunning, and they have a lovely little garden in the back where you can purchase bevies!
- National Harbor’s Capital Wheel: cute date night idea
- National Building Museum: they always have the best interactive exhibits!
- Victura Park at the Reach (Kennedy Center): the wine garden is such a beautiful space!
- Georgetown University (and all of the Georgetown neighborhood streets!): I adore wandering around the gorg campus
- Crumbs & Whiskers (M Street): it is THE cutest!!! Now reopen.
- Kramers: a Dupont staple– grab dinner & drinks and browse the reading material.
- Call Your Mother Deli: the bagels are delicious, but we all go here for the cute pink house photo op!
- Freedom Park: Another hidden gem– there’s a grassy space by the cute Artisphere bubble, and there’s a public ping pong table near it.
- Gateway Park: pop-up outdoor office space, a cutie dog park, summer movies on the lawn, yoga in the park..
- Key Bridge Boathouse
- Mt Vernon Trail