What a great city. Not only is it hiker, biker, kayaker, vineyard-hopper (..you name it) friendly, but our good ol’ District offers an impressive amount of f r e e. And not just the free museum entry, which we all take for granted (everyone should play tourist at least once..Segway rentals & fanny packs are optional).
So, yes, we have free entry into most of the museums, botanic garden, arboretum.. but I’m talking free events now. #spoiled
Serious note though before I move on to the events– the botanic gardens are awesome, and I really want to do a “full moon hike” at the Arboretum (just checked– spaces are filled through November).
There are always soo many free things going on in the D.C. area, so this doesn’t cover the half of it, but here’s a small roundup of some of my faves..
FREE upcoming events in the DMV (don’t forget to register/rsvp):
- Sep 22: DC Fashion Week Industry Networking Party — networking and fashion show 6-10PM, at Dirty Martini (fashion show is at 7:00)– currently a waitlist for the event.
- Sep 23: Georgetown Comedy Night at Chinese Disco— 8-9:30PM; you can bring your own food in because they don’t sell it (just no outside bevs)
**Also see free comedy nights at the Big Hunt, in Dupont.
- Sep 23: Girls 2 hour Champagne Open Bar– 3 year anniversary celebration at the Gryphon; free champs 10PM-12, free admission before midnight.
- Sep 24: Art All Night: Circus of the Night— Street performances in North End Shaw, from 5-10PM.
- Sep 25: Fashionista Flea Market— open-air flea market for women boutique owners and stylists, 12-4PM in DC. Workshops, music, beauty bags…
- Sep 25: Yoga on the Mall— join so.many.people on the mall in DC for some meditation and all-level classes, from 10-1AM.
- Oct 2: Screening of “The Fourth Phase” snowboarding film— 9M at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.
- Oct 2: Philip Glass at the National Gallery of Art— Philip Glass performs at 2PM in the newly reopened East Building (new roof terrace!) and talks about SoHo in the 70s.
**Also see After Hours in the East Building (of the National Gallery of Art)— Second Thursday of the month, October 2016-April 2017, 6-9PM.
- Oct 13: Fall Pampering Party— From 6:30PM-9:00PM, at the Westin in Tysons Corner: Enjoy Drinks and Hors D’oeuvres with Astoria Laser Clinic & Med Spa, door prizes, and swag bags.
- Oct 16: Political Nightmares Film Series— (free but “buy” tix) Sundays at 4:00, October 16 thru Sun, November 13