Free in DC
What a great city. Not only is it hiker, biker, kayaker, vineyard-hopper (..you name it) friendly, but our good ol’ District offers an impressive amount of f r e e. And not just the free museum entry, which we all take for granted (everyone should play tourist at least once..Segway rentals & fanny packs are optional).
So, yes, we have free entry into most of the museums, botanic garden, arboretum.. but I’m talking free events now. #spoiled
There are always soo many free things going on in the D.C. area, so this doesn’t cover the half of it, but here’s a small roundup of some of my faves..
FREE upcoming events in the DMV (don’t forget to register/rsvp):
- Sep 22: DC Fashion Week Industry Networking Party — networking and fashion show 6-10PM, at Dirty Martini (fashion show is at 7:00)– currently a waitlist for the event.
- Sep 23: Georgetown Comedy Night at Chinese Disco— 8-9:30PM; you can bring your own food in because they don’t sell it (just no outside bevs)
**Also see free comedy nights at the Big Hunt, in Dupont.
- Sep 23: Girls 2 hour Champagne Open Bar– 3 year anniversary celebration at the Gryphon; free champs 10PM-12, free admission before midnight.
- Sep 24: Art All Night: Circus of the Night— Street performances in North End Shaw, from 5-10PM.
- Sep 25: Fashionista Flea Market— open-air flea market for women boutique owners and stylists, 12-4PM in DC. Workshops, music, beauty bags…
- Sep 25: Yoga on the Mall— join so.many.people on the mall in DC for some meditation and all-level classes, from 10-1AM.
- Oct 2: Screening of “The Fourth Phase” snowboarding film— 9M at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.
- Oct 2: Philip Glass at the National Gallery of Art— Philip Glass performs at 2PM in the newly reopened East Building (new roof terrace!) and talks about SoHo in the 70s.
**Also see After Hours in the East Building (of the National Gallery of Art)— Second Thursday of the month, October 2016-April 2017, 6-9PM.
- Oct 13: Fall Pampering Party— From 6:30PM-9:00PM, at the Westin in Tysons Corner: Enjoy Drinks and Hors D’oeuvres with Astoria Laser Clinic & Med Spa, door prizes, and swag bags.
- Oct 16: Political Nightmares Film Series— (free but “buy” tix) Sundays at 4:00, October 16 thru Sun, November 13