Glamping Style: pictured in the Jan/Feb 2018 issue of Le Nouveau Moi
of Viva Tysons Magazine
Tree houses are not just for the kids.
A “glamping” treehouse getaway is the perfect escape for friends, families, and couples alike.
Reconnect with nature; take a break from social media (when there’s no service, you have no choice!); enjoy a cozy space that speaks to your inner child.
Here are the two treehouse getaways that I recently enjoyed:
1) Trillium Treehouse (Linden, VA): This is listed on airbnb and is a legit treehouse, built into a forest, high off the ground, with a whimsical interior. Be prepared to use a porta-potty and do some ladder climbing. Oh, and there’s no electricity so enjoy the LED and fairy lights. Be prepared to hold off on instagramming ’til you leave, because there’s little to no service (I actually emailed to ask if there was wifi before I realized there’s no electricity haha), but it turned out to be a refreshing factor. It’s located near the adorable town of Front Royal, so that adds a fun stop to the trip. If you want to have a movie night, make sure your computer is fully charged before you go, and pick up a DVD from a local redbox.
2) Treehouse on Stilts (Charlottesville, VA) (see this earlier blog post): this house is also listed on airbnb and is less of a treehouse and more of a house on stilts. It looks like a cute log cabin inside, with a ladder up to the the loft area. It has a regular bathroom, but it’s located outside of the house, just around the corner from the door (so no climbing down to the ground). This treehouse has electricity and wifi and is a short drive to downtown Charlottesville.
And here are a few suggestions on what to pack for glamping in style:
- Camping shirt to be cheeky, like this t-shirt from Cut From the Heart Clothing, or this “happy glamper” tank from It’s Your Day Clothing
- Flannel shirt for looking outdoorsy in style. This one is from American Eagle.
- Blanket scarf — wear it around your neck, curl up in it or use it for a picnic blanket. This plaid scarf is from ASOS, and J.Crew has some cozy options
- Felt hat for warmth and looking chic. Urban Outfitters has a nice selection.
- Furry boho coat – this one pictured is from Shein.com, and Forever21 has nice choices, too
- Cozy socks— these thigh highs are from Abercrombie & Fitch
- Warm sweater fit for cabin life — Zara has you covered
- Fashionable sweatshirt – this USA sweatshirt is from SweatyRocks, on Amazon.com
- Boots that slip on and off easily for all of those climbs down to the ground– look to DSW for these.
- Stylish PJ set – Victoria’s secret has pretty matching sets of satin and flannel
- Fleece lined leather leggings for comfort and warmth- great for fireside nights. Shopbop is a great site to look for these
- Snacks that fit the theme, like these Wondermade Marshmallows
- Leather backpack because why not looking extra fashionable while hauling things up to the house or packing a picnic? This faux leather style is from Yonder Bags
- Cute cooler for your food and beverages, if staying at a house without a refrigerator. Wayfair.com carries this pretty “Chill out” cooler bag.
- External battery charger for your phone if you opt to stay at a treehouse with no electricity