Happenings this Weekend in the D.C. Area
June 20, 2019
Happy (almost) FRIDAY. !!!!
Here’s a roundup of happenings this weekend in the D.C. area:
- Get a sugar high at the new Rosslyn pop up Candy Bar (candy, popsicles, wine..) after playing a game of putt-putt! The grand opening of the new indoor/outdoor pop-up space is Friday, from 5-9PM, and the event goes through Saturday, 10AM-6PM (and again the following weekends through August). Tickets here.
- Sip vino at the La Fete du Rose music and rose festival at the national harbor on Saturday, from noon till 8PM. Find tix here. Don’t forget to wear your pink and white!
- Enjoy beer and music at the Portside Summer Festival in Old Town, Alexandria on Saturday, from 2-8PM. Oh and it’s FREE! There will be a waterfront beer garden and Ethiopian jazz, Brazilian to Latin folk music..
- Don your best 90s attire for a 90’s themed party at the Heurich House (also known as the Brewmaster’s Castle) in DuPont on Saturday (1-4PM) to celebrate its 125th birthday. OMG it sounds so kute, read this blurb from their site: “We’ll have 90’s party favors, a birthday cake, and beer, and without a doubt we’ll be listening to the 1994 Top 40 on our boombox. We highly encourage you to dig out your 90’s threads – bring a lawn chair and a few friends.” Find tickets here.
- Catch a free outdoor movie at the National Harbor on Sunday— this weekend’s movie is Air Bud: World Cup (6PM).
- Sunbathe and make some friends Sunday at the DNV Rooftop Pool Party at 14th St. ($10 cover gets you a canned bev). Discounted entry if you register through Eventbrite, here.
Pictured below pondering how to make it to every single event 😀