Happy 4th of July: ‘Mercuh Pudding Pie
Amuurrcuh! Amuurrcuh! God shed his grace on thee..
Happy 4th! Hope I see lots of red, white and blue out and about. Enjoy the holiday & whatever drinking-related summer activities you find!
Here’s a really easy and quick dessert to make, in case you are in need of a patriotic dish!
- Skim Milk
- Sugar free, fat free vanilla instant pudding mix
- Sugar free, fat free lemon instant pudding mix (fresh lemon zest is optional)
- Whipped topping
- Graham crackers
- Line a casserole dish (I couldn’t find one, so I used a circular pie dish) with graham crackers
- Mix the vanilla pudding with the milk (instructions are on the box, but I used a bit less milk than suggested, to make it more pie like) and fold in 1/3 of the whipped topping (thaw first if its the frozen kind)
- Mix the lemon pudding with the milk…blahblah..see above.
- Layer all of the lemon over the graham cracker layer
- Spread another layer of graham crackers on top of the lemon pudding
- Layer all of the vanilla over this graham layer
- Spread remaining whipped cream on top
- Decorate with berries!
It tastes better after a few hours…allows time for the graham crackers to soften.