While scrounging around the kitchen for something to eat, I decided to throw together a rather odd combination of the few food items I could find. This snack concoction turned out surprisingly yummy (it’s super strange, I’m aware), and I was inspired to round up a few uncommon snack ideas (of the healthy variety) to share.
Lettuce “Hot Dog” Ingredients:
- Lettuce (either iceberg or romaine)
- Pumpkin seeds/pepitas (roasted)
- Meatless veggie sausage links (I like the ones by MorningStar)
- Spicy mustard
Simply microwave a couple veggie links and some peas and toss into a lettuce leaf, along with a couple pickle slices and pumpkin seeds, and top with mustard.
**See bottom of post for more ideas on healthy snacking**
Healthy Snack Ideas:
- Banana Roll Ups from SuperHealthyKids.com
- Mediterranean Cucumber Roll Ups from TheWholesomeDish.com
- No Bake Energy Bites from GimmeSomeOven.com
- Salad on a Stick from FoodNetwork.com
- Edamame Crunch from MyRecipes.com