“Picnic in Bed” Trays
I’m loving my new bed tray! These are great for cute “me” nights, cozy breakfasts, or movie nights in bed with the lovie.
I purchased this one from Bed, Bath & Beyond ($14.99), and beautified it with a floral place-mat over top. Follow this link to Glamour.com to see their roundup of cute trays. These can also be found at Target or Walmart..
I also snipped a few fresh flowers left over from my birthday and placed them in a teacup (but ooo this could be a reason for a trip to the farmer’s market if you don’t have any on hand!). Add a lavender mini candle for a soothing touch.
Here are a few yummy ideas for using these handy trays:
- Classic picnic in bed, with wine, cheese and crackers
- Hot chocolate and s’mores (microwave-made) for cold days
- Lemonade and fruit salad in a watermelon bowl, for the warmer months
- Popcorn and beer/wine for movie nights, placing a few different varieties of popcorn in bowls– World Market has a pesto flavored popcorn, and Trader Joe’s has a new “Partially Popped Popcorn”, like those half popped kernels at the bottom of the bag that we all love so much!
- Mimosas and pancakes for breakfast, using the “birthday cake” pancake mix from World Market!
- Tapas night in bed, using these mini “pizza” recipes from my posts: Mini polenta pizzas, Quinoa pizza casserole, Quinoa pizza bites, and Eggplant pizza