Zucchini Power Salad
Zucchini Power Salad- spiralized zucchini with edamame, quinoa and avocado. Protein and vitamins…filling and nutritious.
Sorry I haven’t posted food inspo in a while!! I will put up some of the other recent recipes I have made, soon–
- Slow cooker spicy Indian curry lentils
- Spicy Thai curry veggies
- Cheesy potato, squash and tomato casserole…
I used this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com for the zucchini salad but added quinoa to make it more filling/a complete meal.
Use this shredder ($8 at Target) to make the spiral zucchini strands (and chop them up a bit if you don’t want it to be so spaghetti-like)
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa (I like to use a rice cooker for this) and let cool.
- Microwave 1 cup of frozen shelled edamame and let cool.
- Spiralize 2 medium sized zucchinis after washing and removing the ends (removing the skin with a peeler first is optional).
- Chop up 1 medium sized white or red onion.
- Dice one large avocado.
- Toss all ingredients together, other than avocado, and mix.
- Add the diced avocado.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with light balsamic vinaigrette.