I recently enjoyed Chicago for the second time and loved it even more this time around. It’s truly an amazing city, with kind people, super clean spaces, and a beautiful amount of nature— a large park with climbing walls, tennis courts, the “bean”, fountains.., a beautiful blue river that runs through the city, and of course, the gorgeous sandy beaches along the clear, ocean-like lake! Beaches!! Right there in city! Volleyball, bike paths, boats, waterside restaurants, happy sunbathers, brave swimmers (bit chilly..). Honestly, I love it so much more than NYC, but then again I can’t stand mobs of people and grimy spaces. Oh my goodness and I almost forgot to mention the Magnificent Mile. A mile of glorious shops, eeee!
So, if you haven’t been, GO!
::Where I Went & What I Wore::
Here are the basic tourist attractions that I’m sure you’ve heard from everyone, and a few of my own suggestions:
- Take in the views from the Skydeck (tip: you can stand in line for more than one glass box..try out different spots, but the end nooks seem like the best)
- Grab a pretty and yummy latte from the very cute Pickwick Coffee shop
- Walk through the beautiful Millennium park, take a selfie at the bean (Cloud Gate), watch the faces come on in Crown Fountain and “spit water”
- Lounge or dine at the one of the sandy beaches
- Shop the Magnificent Mile
- Wander through the Harold Washington Library Center (see the dog tags exhibit of soldiers that lost their lives in Vietnam)
- Enjoy a drink or dinner along the river walk
- Stroll along the Navy Pier boardwalk— take in views from the Centennial Wheel (I’ll have to try this next visit), take the Architectural Boat Tour (I didn’t get a chance to do this, but others recommended it..)
- Purple dress is vintage, from the most amazing vintage shop in Charlottesville: Low
- 80s style denim jacket is from Zara (similar one here)
- Boyfriend shorts are from Abercrombie & Fitch (on sale right now!)
- Sunnies are ZeroUV
- Pink cat bag is from ToSave.com– see it linked in my post, here
- Sparkle booties are Zooshoo
- Leather backpack is from Yonder Bags, see it linked in this blog post.
- Sparkle computer skin is Caseapp– see more about this here, with a discount code.
- Little yellow backpack (aka my traveling gnome) is a Fjallraven Kanken– see more here.
- But First Mimosas tank is from Etsy– see more here.