Mexican Pizza Recipe
Piiizzaaa niiight. Omnom, I could eat pizza everyday. And I pretty much have been lately (late night Dominos cravings, woops). This Mexican pizza is a fun alternative to the typical fatty kind.
**I have also included a round-up of all pizza related recipes that I have posted. See bottom of post.**
Here is a yummy Mexican pizza recipe from ACoupleCooks.com to work from.
I scooped up everything from Trader Joe’s, including the pizza dough, which was a BAD idea. The Trader Joe’s dough does not turn out like normal pizza crust..it just stays soft and doughy. Next time, I will grab a whole wheat, pre-made crust from Whole Foods.
Other than thaat, the pizza turned out delish! See my ingredients and directions below.
- Pizza dough or crust
- 1 can refried beans (I used Trader Joe’s fat free kind)
- 1 can black beans (went with the Cuban style from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 container of fresh salsa
- 1-2 avocados (I sliced mine up, but you could spread guac over the pizza instead!)
- 1 package shredded cheese of your choice
- Fresh cilantro
- 1-3 jalapenos
- 1 small onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 lime, if making guacamole
- Corona! (and limes)
- Flour (if using dough)
- Cumin and ceyenne pepper (optional)
- Form the dough into a pizza crust, following instructions on package (let sit at room temp for 20 minutes first)
- Chop up all the veggies and some of the cilantro
- Spread the refried beans over top (first stirring in spices, if desired), followed by the black beans, jalapenos, cilantro, onion, and red pepper
- Sprinkle with cheese (or sprinkle cheese before the toppings…whichevz)
- Bake at 425 for about 8 minutes
- Spoon the salsa over top
- Add the sliced avocado (or guac) and remaining cilantro
- Enjoy with corona!
Previous pizza posts on my blog (clockwise, from top left):
- Lo Amo la Pizza
- Pizza Quinoa Casserole
- Low Cal Pizza
- Healthy Junk Food
- Healthy Pizza
- Asian Style Pizza
- Eggplant Pizza
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad (and French Bread Pizza)